Translate

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Beyond Broke! 25 to Life

Hey y'all,

The last time we spoke, I was telling you how I paid back $30K in 2 years. I also warned you that these real estate investments are long term investments for me.
In the first half of 2019, most of my paycheck was going toward rent, student loans, and finishing off that credit card debt. I was just left with food money after paying my bills. BUT BRUHHHH!!!! I had a life changing event that left me beyond broke! When I say broke this time, I mean that I don't even have money left to go to the hairdresser. I have to wash my hair myself. When I say broke, I mean I don't have money left to tell my husband, "I got the bill". I used to love saying that. Now, I humbly look away when it's time to pay for anything. LOL! I'm not done yet...when I say broke, I mean I didn't buy anyone gifts for Christmas. If I went to church, I wouldn't pay tithes.

Back to the point. The major life event that left me broke is . . . I HAD A BABY!!!! I knew I couldn't afford daycare on my tight budget, but being working parents left us no choice. My husband and I split the cost of daycare, but my account is still on zero.

What will I do about it?
1. I will re-do my budget and find ways to cut costs.
2. I will sacrifice costly activities like traveling often. (One or two international flights/year will do)
3. Reduce eating out.
4. Get a side hustle. (Send me a job offer: msmitchelltutor@gmail.com)
5. Get baby a job when baby can talk.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment